life on a budget- without cable!

In effort to save money, we decided not to get cable here in Nashville. (Thanks Santoros for showing us it can be done!)  Instead, we opted for the ever attractive bunny ears! If they turn slightly to the right, you miss out on the local Nashville channel featuring Randy Travis wannabees.  Or when they get bumped left you will possibly get NBC & CBS clearly.  For some reason, our stubborn ears omit ABC, which features some of my favorite reality shows, such as The Bachelorette... all I have to say is thank goodness for online shows!
In the past week, instead of cable, we have watched:

- Lots of local news with places and people we are not familiar with.  They keep showing maps of tornado watches that could very well by outside our window but we have no idea!

- How Do You Know- a terrible Reese Witherspoon movie, I was very disappointed in my favorite actress!  We turned it off after 30 min, what a waste of the $2 bockbuster rental.

-Just Go With It- a typical Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston movie that we did stick with the entire time and laughed!  I actually liked this one and thought it was worth the $1 redbox.

- The Mechanic- thanks Sam for a gory, shoot em up, testosterone filled flick.  I had nightmares after this one!  These movies are like trainwrecks for me, I don't want to watch but don't want to miss something if I turn away! 

- Law & Order: NY, LA, DC, CLT... I think they have one for every crime filled city in America now.  We don't care, we watch them all!  I don't know how the writers of these shows do it, they still come up with riveting whodunnit plot lines that seem more original and creative than the last.

My friend Tiffany was then a single mom who worked full time and seemed to do it all.  I asked her how she got it all done.  Her response was "I don't watch TV."  In our generation, it's funny to me how TV has become the center of the living room, the topic of conversation, and an empty hole where our money has been thrown! 
Not that this box with lights is a bad thing, but maybe limiting the amount we watch might not be a bad thing either.