Confessions of a No I'm not having Twins pregnant woman

Pregnancy is absolutely wonderful, beautiful, terrifying, and miraculous all at the same time.  I knew to just give my body and mind away to the growth of our beautiful baby girl, what I didn't know was how others would respond to my growing body.  Being a teacher includes even more strange, shocking and inappropriate comments from both adults and adolescents.




Some of the best, coupled with my inner dialogue that tends to come out more and more these days ;)

"Are you sure you're going to make it to March?"
No, I'm not sure, but your comments on how large and round my belly is isn't making this easier, unnamed coworker. 

"Oh, you're having twins!"
No... just one.

"What if Mrs. N has her baby right here in the classroom on the floor?"
I. will. never. ever. ever. deliver my child on the floor of any classroom. 

"Can I touch your belly?"
Um, no, okay, too late.

"Mrs. N is having her twins in a few months."
No, still not having twins. Thanks.

"Just wait, it gets worse."
Really?? I just thought it was blissfully perfect!  

It truly amazes me the permission people believe they have to comment on my belly, body, unborn child, parenting, you name it!  I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, however, lately, giving the eye and a snarky smile seem more manageable than revealing my inner dialogue in response to these crazy comments.  With all of this said, I am fortunate to have mostly wonderful people who laugh and smile through my pregnancy with me. Many of my sweet friends who have had children or who just like me are patient, caring, and encouraging.  Words of advice: next time you see a pregnant lady, just smile and be kind.  It's for your own benefit, trust me. :)